Thursday, November 8, 2007

So, I've fallen...

...into the trap of Grey's Anatomy. I watch Ugly Betty and was interested in checking out one of this seasons new shows, Big Shots. So for the first few weeks I left ABC on while surfing the 'net and pretty much figured out what was going on. Much like a daytime soap, tuning in is really only required about once every 6 months or so. Anyway, instead of boring you with my Thursday night TV schedule I will get to the point. I realize there are diehard Grey's fans out there. Women all over the country hosting watching parties and lunch time discussions about McDreamy and McSteamy (still haven't figured out how those monikers came about). But ladies (and you in-the-closet Grey's watching guys) I know I have only been watching a few weeks and that is about all it has taken me to figure out that Izzie SUCKS. Yes, all caps. So much for trying to break the stereotype that women are over-dramatic, sensitive, emotional time-bombs. There is nothing likeable about her character. I sleep with the emotionally unavailable resident only to discover I love my patient but he died so next resident in line please! Oh, he's married and 2 feet shorter than me....who cares! Please ABC writers, let's vote Izzie off the island. I mean....as soon as you get off those picket lines.

No comments: