Sunday, February 3, 2008

GIANT Upset

NEW YORK GIANTS - 17
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS- 13


SUPER BOWL XLII MVP

Eli Manning and the New York Giants are World Champions and I think it's safe to say that no one saw that coming. Not even them after starting the season 0-2 and certainly not having to face the undefeated Pats as 12-point underdogs. We are all going to see and read about that amazing last drive....Eli's scramble, unbelievable catch by Tyree and Plax's TD. But the Giants defense was on task tonight. Brady rarely had a chance to get comfortable back there and only got the Pats into the end zone after Eli's pick with a short field. I am really happy for Eli who had a tremendous amount of pressure on him before he ever threw a pass. I also enjoyed seeing Peyton so fired up after he has been pretty MIA all week which I thought showed a lot of respect for his brother. Also, Coughlin who had been on the hot seat for quite awhile. Congrats all around...I had been very apathetic toward the Super Bowl all week long but the game certainly didn't disappoint....atleast those of us in the 44 states that are not part of New England.


Commercials...eh, not much to say. Truth be told, I didn't pay that much attention but I did see my boy Ben singing the "Pina Colada" song plugging old American Idol during the 4th quarter.

Anyway, sorry for the inconsistent posting. Like laptop issues weren't enough I come home to find my TV blown out! Back tomorrow with a full length post I promise!

4 comments:

Neutrogina said...

Tiger is even more upset than the Patriots cuz you haven't even mentioned his 2 victories in his first two tournaments of the season...

One week after winning the Buick Invitational by eight shots, Woods had to birdie five of his last seven holes for a 7-under 65, then wait to see if Ernie Els could catch him.

WTF WGHOF girl?

Jules said...

Tiger bores me, but to appease you my one faithful reader I will cover more golf.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have two faithful readers! if you updated more than once a month, maybe you would have more. ha.

Tiger rules. just like the O'doyles. nothing more has to be said.

I am already getting sick of hearing about the Pirates this year. Ian Snell is supposed to be the starting pitcher on opening day. I heard his comment on the radio: "Well, its still early. Anything can happen. It seems like every team has made some changes....except us. Maybe THEY see something WE dont."

Translation:
A- Our front office sucks.
B- I want to be traded.

Neutrogina said...

Thanks baby, that's all I ask...a little golf coverage especially now that football is gone until the draft...which leaves us 79 days, 21 hours, 53 minutes, and 43 seconds left until we even get a taste of the sport that we love so much.