Thursday, February 7, 2008

"I'm a celebrity....get me to rehab!"


So, Shaq is now a Phoenix Sun....amazing how he always manages to get himself on teams that are already contenders so we can trick ourselves into thinking he is better than he really is. Okay, fine...he is good. But when you are freakin seven feet tall you should be! I have never seen anyone bail faster in tough times than Shaq. And they said Kobe was the bitch? Anyway, I look forward to watching the aging Shaq, who is slower than ever, keep up with the fast pace of Suns basketball.


Between his rap, crappy movies and disrespectful one-liners is there a celebrity that gets away with being more of an asshole, with no marketing skills to boot, yet people still act like they are cool? He reminds me of that guy in high school who wasn't that good looking, wasn't that nice but was popular and everyone laughed at his jokes because he was good at sports. And you knew if he would have transferred to another school he would have been Joe Loser there. In any case, Shaq was in the house to watch his new teammates lose at home to New Orleans after a last minute buzzer beater by Peja....ha ha!





So, since I only have one of my shows showing new episodes (hooray for LOST even though I still haven't watched the premier yet) I have been sucked into the world of bad reality programming. Case in point: Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky. Has anybody else seen this crap? Oh my God, is this show out of control! The term "celebrity" should be used loosely here...basically every time they introduced a new patient I was kind of like "oh that guy" or "oh, wasn't she on the show, what's it called?" Anyway, Kinicki from Grease is on there and whoa buddy. is that guy a freakin disaster! The guy snorted pain pills from his wheelchair for his introductory video...real nice. One of the Baldwin brothers, Daniel, was on there and made it about a week. He didn't relapse but couldn't understand that the cameras wanted to follow him all the time. Ummm, maybe cause you are on a reality show, getting paid for it and have a reputation for being a spaz! With great programming like Rock of Love and I Love New York, VH1's development department should all get raises!


Speaking of rehab, two more additions. Eva Mendes and Kirsten Dunst???


What in THE hell is going on with these people? Kirsten always looks like shit but I thought she just had bad fashion sense, not alcoholism. Apparently her nickname is Kirsten Drunkst around the party circuit. Not good. Now Eva...she has been in like two movies and she is already wacked out? What is going on in Hollywood? More drug news....the results of Heath Ledger's autopsy are in. To no one's surprise his death has been ruled an accidental overdose of several different meds including sleeping pills, anxiety medication and oxycodone. What else can you do but shake your head?


Our homegirl Brit-Brit checked out of the psych ward is reportedly at home in LA under her father's care since he was recently put in charge of her welfare, including her medical records, finances and controlling all visitors. The Spears family is claiming that one of her papparazi posse members, Sam Lufti, who has been her constant companion in recent months was controlling her by drugging and emotionally abusing her? Where was Adnan during all of this?


Obviously that is just disgusting that he would do that to her but whether it's true or not, I think Brit has bigger problems and I hope with her family back in her good graces she will get her shit together.

And no word from K-Fed or his attorney lately....what gives?




And just because I miss her I thought I would post a picture of my girl, LC heading to her 22nd birthday party last week. She almost celebrated by becoming one of the latest Hollywood nip slips. The Hills is reportedly back on this summer. Wonder if Lohan will get any air time?


With Winehouse tightly ensconced in rehab we will have to settle for a pic of her uh, er, better half? I can see he is doing well with his recovery. I'm surprised Amy stayed in rehab with her man finally out of the big house.





I'm out for now....my apologies for my broken promise of Monday. I'm in the process of upgrading the laptop so hopefully I will have less issues and more posts in the coming days.

1 comment:

Neutrogina said...

Did these people start doing drugs because they kept checking for new entries on your blog until they needed to medicate themselves to maintain sanity? If so, I think I need to go to rehab soon!