Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Bad Newz for Vick...


  • As I am sure you already know from ESPN's round-the-clock coverage Michael Vick has been sentenced to 23 months in a Virginia prison for his participation in a dog fighting operations. Is he the worse criminal we have ever seen come through the NFL? No, but since I am a person who prefers dogs to people I am one of the last people he can expect sympathy from. But there is something so pathetic about the whole situation: his rise and fall, going broke and tarnished reputation. This guy had the #1 selling jersey in the league at one time. Money gets you a lot in this world but certainly it can't be substituted for good sense.

    Another comment regarding Vick....on the various displays of "support" his teammates displayed during their Monday Night Football loss last night. I can understand that they can still be his friend while not condoning his actions. However, the "FREE MIKE VICK" T-shirt receiver Roddy White was sporting underneath his jersey was a bit much to stomach. Look, I don't know what Joe Regular would have gotten as punishment but I know that choosing to be a public figure has it's pitfalls. Welcome back to reality Mike.


  • Here's a artcle by ESPN's John Clayton on what this means for Vick's future with the Atlanta Falcons and the NFL. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3148767

  • One last thing...Vick's stats on CBSSportsline.com are presented by Jameson Whiskey. Seriously.


  • Speaking of dumb, rich people...it must be nice to have the kind of money where you can drop hundreds of dollars on boots like this because, does it really matter if you ever wear them?


  • The Hills had it's third season finale last night. Miss LC was hosting a viewing party at Area Nightclub in Hollywood. There was supposed to be some big announcement which I didn't catch on the After Show but of course I did learn earlier yesterday about the demise of Speidi but wait, now I hear they are still together and were having dinner together at Koi. Supposedly Speidi are shopping their own show. Word on the street: Teen Vogue no longer wants to be associated with the show. I guess the mag is finally doing well. What are they going to do about Whitney and LC's fake jobs?

  • And seriously...these games between Lauren and Brody are getting tired. Make a move somebody! I have to tell you...that Brody has really grown on me this season. And you know it will be great drama next season when Brody cheats on her with "Britany Canada Whore" or someone else off his contact list after about 3 weeks of "being exclusive".

  • Good news....ESPN's Gene Wojciehowski suggests Bradyisms to honor Tommy Butt Chin...sorry Gene, Stetson smells good on no one. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=3149274&sportCat=nfl&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2


  • I'm calling shenanigans on Campbell's Chunky Soup. Somehow ,for their Click for Cans promotion, the Packers have over 2 million votes. Last year Green Bay won with 958,023 votes with Indy and Pittsburgh not far behind. I think some people in Wisconsin have been messing with their cookies. Stop cheating....you're stealing from homeless shelters. Only a few days left to vote....oh and thanks to the lady in my office who sends out an e-mail asking "Are you feeling Chunky?" to encourage all 5 of the Jags fans in this place. It would probably be rude to thank her for reminding me to vote for my own team, huh? http://www.chunky.com/ClickForCansVote.aspx


  • Is Katie, excuse me Tom, KATE Holmes the oldest looking 28-year-old in the world or what? The Scientolotot is a cute though.



5 comments:

Neutrogina said...

The big news from LC was that it really wasn't the season finale. MTV is going to follow her and Whitney to Paris and the show will go on...and here's what I'm saying...If Spencer and Heidi get a show then me and Jules get a show.

Neutrogina said...

Even though I always want to win, I'll give Green Bay the Chunky Soup "Click for Cans" crown. We still own them in the "Biggest Female Fan Base Competition" and that's more important than soup. BTW...could you please thank your coworker for reminding me to "click for cans"...and tell her that Yes, I am feeling a little Chunky today!

Neutrogina said...

I heard that Katie might be Prego again...that ought to bring her youth back.

Neutrogina said...

Five Atlanta Falcons players have been fined a total of $47,500 by the NFL for uniform violations that stemmed from demonstrations of their support for banished quarterback Michael Vick during the team's loss to the New Orleans Saints on Dec. 10.

Cornerbacks DeAngelo Hall and Chris Houston, wide receiver Roddy White and tight end Alge Crumpler each were fined $10,000. Wide receiver Joe Horn was fined $7,500.

Not nearly enough as far as I'm concerned...but how much more can you punish the Atlanta Falcons? They already suck so bad that you almost have to feel sorry for them. Almost.

Jules said...

And here comes Parcells supposedly. Nothing like Bill to cheer you up!