Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Hump Day Highlights...or should I say lowlights?

STEELERS-22
JAGOFFS- 29

Well, here I am, back from the 'burgh. Obviously a disappointing game on many levels. Mostly because I live in Jacksonville and all the Jags "fans" love to crawl out of the woodwork about now. Honestly, I wish I could give a great game summary but here's what I remember....it was freakin cold. I mean COLD! As soon as Chris Kirkpatrick (I heart *N'Sync!) belted out the first line of the National Anthem the skies opened up and the snow and wind was swirling around like crazy. Seriously though...huge drops by just about everyone, bad run defense and Ben running for his life. You know, what feels to be a typical game the last few weeks.

Now we need to beat St. Louis in yet another trap game for us. And do it on a short week of preparation. I hate these Thursday Night games but that's for another post. Everyone hates the term "must win" but no doubt this game qaulifies as such for the Steelers. The last thing we need is to have to walk into Baltimore in order to clinch the division.

Another thought on the game....what's up with the Steelers' fans on Sunday? I know that the games have been sold out since 1970 and all that but what happened to actually going to the games? I mean...in YOUR SEAT! That means that just because you got shitfaced and ate a pound of pierogies at your tailgate doesn't mean you were actually at the game, you know supporting your team and helping with that thing called home field advantage. I have lived in Florida for 10 years and I sat my ass there for the entire game. Stop taking it for granted 'burghers! Besides, it makes it kind of hard for me to make fun of other team's fans. Insert a cringing emoticon here.

On a much happier note I was so glad to see Ben make the Pro Bowl. He certainly doesn't have the flashy stats as Wonder Boy or Peyton year in and year out but let's get real here...without him I'm not sure what our record is right now. Also congrats in order for Willie, Silverback, Faneca and Troy. I read that Ben plans to take his o-line with him to Hawaii...he never stops trying to motivate them to you know....DO THEIR JOB!




Other than the game, I had a blast as I always do when I go home. Only one thing I missed....didn't get my roast beef and cheese from Primanti's. Fortunately I leave for home again next week so I won't have to wait long!

More stuff:

Here's some super fun news! Jamie Lynn Spears is preggers! Yes, Brit's little sister apparently also wants to be a young mom just like her big sis did. Hey ya'll...they're country!


Amy Winehouse Update: Arrested and released on bail for obstructing justice. She has already canceled her European Tour, snorted enough coke to kill a horse and has had her mother publicly plead through a long ass letter to encourage her to get her act together. 2007 has not been her year. Looky here...I found a picture of her without her trademark beehive. If she kepts her mouth closed she might actually not look that bad.

Dadgummit! Those boys in Tallahassee just can't get their learn on! Look on the bright side, Bobby, they only caught half your team! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3159534

I'm still getting back into the swing of things so I apologize for the short post today. I will strive to get my priorities straight this week....no beer, just blogging! I appreciate coming home to my inbox full of e-mails asking where I've been! Thanks to all my peeps for continuing to read!

No comments: