Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mitchell Report

It's Come to Jesus day for Major League Baseball and Bud Selig. Senator George Mitchell released his 409-page report implicating dozens of players including Barry, Giambi, Clemens, Tejada, Pettite (way to sneak in that one-year deal!) and Troy Glaus. Some former players such as David Justice, Lenny Dykstra and my personal favorite, John Rocker were also named. Now that he is engaged to a black woman I suppose we can chalk up the racism to steroids, eh? I wish I had more to comment on but watching Mitchell's press conference was painful. He may need to think about Public Speaking 101. Selig is responding as I type....if you have the desire the entire report can be found here.

I am more annoyed about who's not on the list. Why in the hell is Ivan "I used to be Pudge until I gave up the 'roids" Rodriguez never brought up....I mean ever? That guy dropped about 40 pounds between '04 and '06. I guess he paid in cash.


2 comments:

Neutrogina said...

If MLB (Bud Selig) would have addressed the problem more effectively in the past, we wouldn't be in this situation right now. You can't look the other way forever. It makes me sick. What a mess!

Jules said...

I wish I cared more but since baseball continues to slip down my list of preferred sports it's just another news story to me. And not a very surprising one in my opinion.