Monday, December 10, 2007

...Mondays suck...particularly this one.


GOOD - 13 EVIL - 34
Well, that game went downhill in a hurry. I was very pleased at half time with the score and didn't have much to complain about. Ben was looking good, the Dumptruck had a TD and Slippery Arms Willie was hanging on to the ball. Then of course the Patriots showed that they had just been toying with us. I really have no desire to dissect the Steelers' performance but I will say this: The turnover on special teams and the stop on Hines on 4th and goal (a play call that I HATED!) felt like the plays that really shifted the game to become a blowout. What can I say, they're the best team in the league and they were favored by double digits.

On paper it appears the Patriots are in great shape to go 16-0 this season in case you didn't know. Woop de doo! I could care less and not just because it's the Pats and I hate them, but really it could be the Bears, Packers, Cowboys or Giants for all I care. Outside of the the fans of New England, ESPN and Don Shula does it really matter to anyone? I'm not diminishing the accomplishment that it would be but seriously...I wish they would get it over with already. Supposedly ESPN's bottom line on Friday read NFL...NBA...PATRIOTS.

On a side note, I have been reading a lot of complaints about late hits and trash talk from the Pats' fan persective. To be honest, watching the game with about 40 other people around, combined with not catching every word out of the announcer's mouths, makes it hard to really focus on everything that is happening in between plays. I'm sure there was plenty of trash talk going on from both sides. Didn't witty Rodney Harrison just get fined for his own trash talking skills?

Lastly, maybe we have the opportunity to meet them again in the playoffs and win when it really matters. Then the people of New England can go back to being who they really are....Red Sox fans.

No comments: