Friday, January 11, 2008

8 straight!



Pens won their eighth straight game ending a 12-game losing streak against Tampa Bay last night winning 4-1. Ty Conklin remains undefeated (9-0-0) and that is amazing considering this kid hanging out in Scranton about a month ago. The Pens seem to be clicking on all cylinders right now and Staal scored for the first time in seven games. Fleury is due back from injury soon but I think Michel Thierrien would be nuts to mess with the vibe on this team right now. Historically Tampa Bay has been a tough place to play for the Pens (they hadn't won there since 2003) so this was a big win on the road. The Pens remain one point behind New Jersey as they travel to Atlanta tomorrow night to take on the Thrashers.





I have been scouring the 'net looking for sports news worth talking about (ok, that I am interested in talking about) when I remembered that for some of you football season isn't over. So I guess it's my obligation to cater to all demographics. On that note, the NFL Playoffs continue tomorrow. It appears that the Jags are no longer the "team under the radar" as I have heard lots of sport folk picking them to upset the Pats this weekend. I expect to see a good game and I do think the Jags have a shot to win in Foxborough. However, I hope Tom Brady lights them up like a Christmas tree. The bandwagon is getting crowded here in Jax...don't strain your backs jumping on! (Reader Mrs. B probably needs a heating pad right now...)


Oh yeah, the Seahawks are traveling to Green Bay tomorrow for the NFC divisional game. Since I wouldn't mind old Brett Farrrvreee winning it all this year I guess the Packers are my pick. Anyone have the over under on how many times the broadcasters will use the following sentences; "He just has so much fun out there!", "That interception wasn't his fault.", or my fave, "He's a gunslinger!!" You can't deny he is a funny guy though. Here's some classic video.



A cool story from Big Ben News....Ben is involved with PROTRADE, a twist on fantasy football where you buy and sell players based on their market value. The winner this year was a guy named Bob from Rochester who traveled to Pittsburgh last month to hang out with Ben. He blogged about his trip and took plenty of pics.



To read Bob's story click this link: http://www.protrade.com/content/DisplayArticle.html?sp=Sb6ae7d38-bf11-11dc-ba00-574828460f5a


Our favorite Brit is up to her old tricks. Whether blondes have more fun has yet to be determined. At least in Amy's case.

14 comments:

Mrs. B said...

lol...whatever...no heating pad needed here as I been a fan since inception...find a new punching bag ya jerk...lol...

Mrs. B said...

Oh, and you’re one to talk about bandwagoners when you’re a HUGE Steelers fan and should want ANY team to beat the Patriots. Whatever, as my sister would say, I hope Tom’s “rose-bud lips and dimpled chin” get smashed in the ground by “Big” John Henderson…and I don’t think I want to be your friend anymore…lol…

Jules said...

That's funny since your sister sent me a lovely thank you note with GO PATRIOTS written in all caps.

I am not a Pats fan...there has to be a winner or a loser. Therefore, I would choose the Jags to be the loser.

Jules said...

One more thing...a fan since inception, huh? I saw your point about not being raised with football, but if 11 years of being a fan (without a decent amount of success) isn't enough to develop some passion, what is it going to take????

Neutrogina said...

I can assure you Mrs. B that Jules is not on the Patriots bandwagon. We will start hating them again next week when they play the colts(or the Chargers). We just want the Jags to get beat this week since they beat us last week. The Faguar Fans have been completely obnoxious and talking alot of BS on te Steelers all year and that is why we want them to lose. The last thing I want to hear is that the Jags are the only team to beat the Pats this year. I suggest if you want to accuse me of jumping on the bandwagon you come to JAX and do it in person...and you just might want to hang on to that heating pad.

Jules said...

**Correction: I meant to say (WITH a decent amount of success)

Mrs. B said...

1. The QUOTES are what my sister says…that’s why I quoted it; 2. I’ve not once watched a Jaguar game in your presence, so you really have no idea how much of a fan I am…you just assume I have no passion for them because everything I own isn’t plastered with a Jaguars logo; and 3. I’m pretty sure I’m just talking to “Jules…” but way to pull out the reinforcements…I thinking I’m going on strike with regard this website (at least the sports section)…lol…this isn’t good for our friendship.

Neutrogina said...

Mrs. B...I just read your other posts and I see that you are a JAX native...that explains a lot! I thought you were just some random person that didn't know anything about sports. Basically, what I got from your previous comments was that you don't know anything about football and you don't really care about football(not enough to go to the games anyway) so it actually works out great that your a Jag fan. This way you and all the other useless Jag fans can all sit around at home and not know about football together and then wonder why your team is in LA.

Mrs. B said...

Way to do your research AFTER you've stuck your foot in your mouth...Jacksonville must not be so bad though if we're collecting "'Burgh Natives."

Neutrogina said...

Jacksonville's great(especially the beach)..it's just their fans that suck! You should be glad we're here...nothing fills up Alltel Stadium...I mean your non- sponsored stadium like Pittsburgh Steeler Fans!

Neutrogina said...

...and I wouldn't say I stuck my foot in my mouth...it just means it will be a lot easier to get together and discuss this face to face if you want. Watcha doin' later?

Neutrogina said...

I picked the Packers too Jules... in fact I'm hoping it's a Packers-Chargers Superbowl. I don't need Indy pulling a back to back on me even though I think Tony Dungy is a great coach and he gives the Steeler organization lots of props for how he put his team together. I'd like the Packers to win it all...great fans, Brett Favre is a true football player...and more than anything they are NOT the Jags, Cowboys, or Patriots!!!

Jules said...

Two things...not sure Burgh natives needs to be in quotes since we are in fact,'burgh natives and that can't be disputed.

And, I live in Jacksonville because my job is here. If I could uproot it and move it I would. However, I support Jacksonville and their economy...I eat out daily, go drinking weekly and have probably given more money to the Jacksonville Jaguars over the years than the people who are from here.

Anonymous said...

wow. easy ladies. my cousin is in town this weekend from.......................................... BOSTON!! i am about to go out and drink the sonofabitch under the table. ... thats all i have left since the stillers are on vaca.

peese owt.