Friday, January 4, 2008

Cheaters never win and winners never cheat...oh wait...yeah they do!


AP COACH OF THE YEAR....say what?

What a crock of shit! I have always questioned the integrity of the media but handing Bill Belichick Coach of the Year honors is an absolute disgrace. Let's recap....he gets caught CHEATING (yes Pats' fans...it's cheating even though you've convinced yourselves that everyone else does it) and the NFL finds the infraction serious enough to warrant a $500,000 fine for Billy and a $250,000 fine for the team and removal of the Patriots' first round draft pick. They went 16-0 with the best team in football which also has arguably the most depth on their roster. Since they play in one of the weakest divisions in the league the pretty much had half their season wrapped up before taking the field.

On the other hand, Mike McCarthy lead the youngest team in the NFL with no running game and an aging, kamikaze QB to a 13-3 record and manages this without stealing signals and being a complete asshole. Green Bay went 4-12 two years ago and Favre had one foot out the door. The team was a mess when Sherman left and has done a complete turn-around this year and McCarthy deserved the recognition.

As if I am not on edge enough this week!!!!!

Kansas Jayhawks - Orange Bowl Champions


On to the Blowout Championship Series....last night's Orange Bowl game between Kansas and Virginia Tech appeared to be taking the turn down blowout avenue in favor of the Jayhawks but Tech apparently made a game out of it sometime during the 3rd quarter after I quit watching. Kansas ended up winning by 3 points but from what I hear it was never really that close. Congrats to Kansas, a big win for their program.

Hmmmm...what else can I bitch about? Oh yeah, STEELERS FANS. Yes, that's right. I'm about to throw my own fans under the bus. I have been reading a lot of negative news out of the 'burgh the last few days about the lack of excitement in Pittsburgh for playoff football. Is our our team decimated by injuries? Yes. Did we just get beat by the Jags less than a month ago? Yes. Is it going to be cold? Yes. But selling tickets under face value? No "Here We Go" signs up all over town? I'm not sure what to say. I suppose it's easy to take attending games for granted when you live in the 'burgh, but how can we call ourselves the best fan base in football when it appears there are quite a few fans out there who don't have much faith.? Look, we have to play a great game to beat the Jaguars. They are a good team with a lot of confidence and have had much success against us in the last 10 years. But our team got their asses into the playoffs and after the letdown of last season I happily stand behind them as they approach January football. You owe it to them to do the same.

So with that I have a little motivational video for you....seeing this never gets old to me. Even Sally Wiggin tears up!



Steeler Nation

Add to My Profile More Videos

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

EASY! I don't take them for granted. I do agree it is less than crazy up here. I think it may be a combination of things. Do people who lived up here their whole lives take them for granted? yes. Is the team playing their worst football of the season right now? yes. I think a win tomorrow will spark up this bonfire waiting to happen!! I think they are gonna bring home a W. watch for me in the stands.

Anonymous said...

oh, whats up with no pens recap???

geno's hat trick, sid's spin-o-rama, and let's not forget fisticuff outbreaks by Rutuu and Malone!!!! c'mon Jules. WOOT!

Anonymous said...

you are way of base on your topic. The media sensationalized this story and made more of it than it was. As you can see by the crowd noise in lastnights game,Steeler Nation is alive and well.