Sunday, January 20, 2008

Last Manning Standing


So yeah, who thought Eli would outlast Peyton in the playoffs? Anyone...Bueller? Not sure that he has a prayer today heading into Lambeau in subzero temperatures against "Destiny's Darling" Brett Favre and the Packers. Even though a few weeks back I had commented that I wouldn't mind seeing the Packers win it all this year but I also wouldn't mind seeing the Giants pull of th upset. I've said as much to a few of my friends who've responded in shock to my words. Apparently I should hate Eli because of the draft fiasco and well, because he's a Manning. Look,I know he acted like a baby on draft day but I'm not sure that was so much Eli as Eli deferring to what Daddy Manning said was best for him. All the matters to me is that while the Chargers and Giants were battling over Eli and Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger fell to the eleventh pick and right into the Steelers' laps. NFL Rookie of the Year, Super Bowl Champion, 2007 Pro Bowl selection....it all worked out if you ask me.

"Who's laughing now....!"



Speaking of Philip Rivers, there is of course another game today. San Diego travels to New England to take on the undefeated Patriots. Now I know I said that pulling for the Pats' last week was a one-time thing...but this Chargers teams has become extremely unlikeable the last few weeks. LT is becoming one of the biggest cry babies in the league and Philip Rivers showed his true personality after taunting Colts fans in Indy last week. And don't forget Shawne Merriman...is there a bigger douche in the league...not to mention a steroid user. If I don't see that obnoxious celebration dance ever again it will be too soon. Besides, can you really trust anyone whose dream date is Oprah? Personnel (or personal) issues aside the Chargers have some key injuries with Rivers doubtful, LT banged up and TE Antonio Gates out. Besides, if the Patriots win it all this year can anyone dispute that the best team won? Deesn't mean we have to be happy about it but you know what I'm saying....







Roy Jones, Jr. took care of Tito Trinidad last night winning by unanimous decision after knocking Tito to the canvas twice. Tito had some great body shots but Jones just overpowered Felix through a majority of the fight. I'm assuming with Roy's win that Tito retires, Jones will use it as an excuse to keep fighting and Don King made a lot of money.



Have a happy Sunday and drink all you want...in the now famous words of my good friend Sherry it's "MLK Day...woo hooooo!"

No comments: