Thursday, January 3, 2008

Is it Saturday yet??

The anticipation of the Steelers/Jags game is almost too much to handle for me right now. Probably because I have the unfortunate luck to live in Jacksonville. Let's get to some news so I don't have to think about that right now.

  • Congrats to WVU interim head coach Bill Stewart on his whooping of Stoops and his Sooners. Excuse me, HEAD coach Bill Stewart. That didn't take long...apparently his hiring will be announced from Phoenix later today.

  • A long year of even more obnoxious Presidential campaigning is upon us. The Iowa caucus is today. Not sure why a state with historically low voter turn out is so pivotal in the race but that's the way it is. I, for one, have absolutely no idea who I will cast my vote for this November yet. If any of you are in the same boat I highly recommend The Undecided Voter's Guide to the Next President by Mark Halperin. I'm about halfway through now and have eliminated at least two candidates. (And Hillary doesn't count since I'm skipping her chapter.) Okay, no more politics I promise!
  • Another Ben spotting from http://www.bigbennews.com/ . I need to borrow their tracking device the next time I head home. Ben took the court at Mellon Arena with the Harlem Globetrotters last week.


  • Celebrity Edition of The Apprentice starts tonight....who are some of these people??? Wait...is that Big Pussy?


  • This guy really stirred some shit up in Pittsburgh. Apparently black 'burghers can't afford Steelers games and are highly offended by the "Anglo" music selections at Heinz Field.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/opinion/columnists/seate/s_543263.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't understand how "bigbennews" knows where he is AT ALL TIMES. i think his little sis runs the sight. did ya hear the ravens are gonna pursue THE CHIN??