Monday, January 28, 2008

SAG = Suckitude

The Screen Actors Guild Awards took place in Los Angeles last night. It was the first awards show of the year with the Writer's Guild strike still dragging on. After the show was over I started wondering why I bothered to watch in the first place. After all, I took the time to watch but some of those that were nominated and actually WON were MIA...that is some bullshizz. Although I am not sure that it matters since you can basically blueprint all the awards shows from whatever happens at the Golden Globes. I decided to hand out some of my own awards just because it's the easiest way to complain.

  • The "Let's give it to them cause it was the last season" awards went to the The Sopranos, Edie Falco and James Gandolfini , who may be tied for worst speech giver with Josh Brolin.

  • The "I have about 10% chance of ever watching this movie" awards goes to No Country for Old Men.

  • The "Probably talked for too long but I didn't notice cause his speech meant something" goes to Daniel Day-Lewis who dedicated his win to the memory of Heath Ledger. (Speaking of Heath Ledger, wierd pause prior to his photo being shown at the end of the In Memoriam tribute. Kind of anticlimactic....)

  • The "Let's show them because apparently they matter to somebody somewhere" award goes to Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. So sick of them...

Some other thoughts:



  • Best dressed: Amanda Bynes...although I could have done without the braids.


  • Worst dressed: Sandra Oh-No...she squeaked out a win over Viggo Mortensen.



  • 30 Rock's Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin receiving nods. If you were one of the nominees on a show people actually watched wouldn't this piss you off?






No comments: